PHOENIX, AZ - With more than 100 ecommerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular "Ecommerce Job of the Day" email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest ecommerce merchandising jobs around!
HARRY'S COMMENTS: We are working with Orthotic Holdings Inc. ("OHI") in their search for a proven Ecommerce Marchandising Manager based in Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Company
Headquartered in Hauppauge, NY, OHI is the global leader in durable medical equipment (DME) technologies for healthcare providers who treat diseases and conditions associated with the lower extremities. This is a big deal: According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, most Americans suffer from foot pain. In many cases, the pain is debilitating.
Through its family of brands, OHI is recognized as a pioneer in the manufacturing and distribution of custom foot orthoses, ankle foot orthoses (AFOs) and therapeutic footwear. The firm's footwear products alone offer relief from more than 20 types of orthotic maladies, and it distributes its products and technologies throughout North America, Europe and Australia.
It's a big, established company for a big, established problem. In fact, if you take a gander at every private equity investor's wish list, OHI's got a lot going for it.
Now then, traditionally ...
OHI has marketed through podiatrists (of which there are ~15,000 in America) and other qualified specialists, like so: A patient visits a podiatrist about, say, heel pain, and the podiatrist recommends a special shoe for Plantar Fasciitis. The patient says, "Anything you say, my feet are killing me!" and the podiatrist orders OHI’s Apex-brand shoes. The patient returns to the podiatrist for fitting a couple of weeks later.
Problem solved, right? Sure, for the lucky few who see a podiatrist.
Over 75% of Americans experience foot or ankle-related problems -- yet most individuals visit their primary care physicians for foot-related issues. I'm not criticizing here, but there's a lot my primary physician doesn't know about feet. And when general practitioners see a podiatric case, they don't know enough to recommend an OHI solution.
That's an ENORMOUS opportunity for OHI.
There are literally tens of millions of long suffering people who NEED OHI's products but would never hear about them through a specialist. Perhaps these poor soles (nyuk, nyuk) only get as far a Googling their symptoms -- not always a good idea.
Yes siree, Bob! For the sake of everyone with sore feet, the time has come for OHI to take its online business to the next level. And that's where YOU come in.
About the Role
As the first-ever Online Merchandising Manager for OHI's site, ApexFoot.com, you will be responsible for driving product sales through well researched planning, in-depth analysis of site analytics, customer shopping behavior, and execution of product and content features online that create a natural shopping experience to facilitate conversion.
It will be your job to spearhead product / category campaigns from inception to implementation while supporting OHI's Marketing team in the execution of company-wide initiatives. Up and down the organization. Internally and externally. You'll own the ApexFoot.com CX to ensure an optimal customer experience.
Typically, if Oscars were awarded to ecommerce executives, the greatest award a Merchant could win would be Best Supporting Actor. But not this time. Nope. This time you could win the Best Actor award. At OHI, you'll be the resident expert of all things ecommerce. You will be the go-to-guy (or gal) for this strategically sensitive, high-growth channel. Your fingerprints will be all over this site.
You won't believe how much we know about this search ...
We spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things we can share with highly qualified candidates include ...
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one's no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting ... then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this ecommerce merchandising job exceeds 60 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.View Harry Joiner's profile
- Apply knowledge of key merchandising and marketing business principles specific to web-based merchandising to achieve financial goals.
- Establish and implement merchandising strategies and tactics
- Own online campaigns from ideation to execution including recap of performance success and forward looking recommendations to the business
- Execute strategies to achieve sales goals as well as analyze website metrics and optimize your merchandising plan to drive sales
- Create technical project requests into OHI's development cycle to meet the needs of the business and/or customer
- Measure and meet key financial KPI's for this position (sales, gross margin, profitability and other key business indicators)
- Measure and meet specific ecommerce demand KPI's (traffic, carting rate, conversion, AOV, RPV, etc.)
- Analyze site performance, provide constructive input, and plan the incorporation of technology innovations into site features to enhance the customer experience and purchase conversion
- Create and execute annual site merchandising category plans or initiatives
- Identify and execute testing opportunities resulting in positive impact to the business
- Set goals, define strategies, and organize resources to ensure attainment of goals
- Plan, analyze and respond to changing business needs
- 5+ years ecommerce site merchandising experience
- 3+ years working with site data and analysis tools
- 3+ years working with SEO/SEM to drive results
- 3+ years marketing analysis experience.
- Solid understanding of web metrics, online testing methodology, and optimization strategies
Applications for this ecommerce merchandising job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.