PHILADELPHIA, PA - With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular "Ecommerce Job of the Day" email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest digital marketing jobs around!
HARRY'S COMMENTS: We are working with Bimbo Bakeries in their search for a based in Norristown, PA, just 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia.
With more than more than 20,000 employees, Bimbo Bakeries USA is an integral part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. Grupo Bimbo's product portfolio includes brands like Arnold®, Oroweat®, Thomas’® English muffins, Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® and Marinela®.
I don't know about you, but my family buys some of these brands every week. Yours probably does, too. Which is what makes Bimbo Bakeries such a great business.
About the Role
This is a new role that involves a LOT of high visibility account management with one of America's leading grocers. Bimbo's products are already available throughout this grocer's system, but this account is making huge investments in ecommerce.
This job involves understanding the chain's in-store and online priorities for the baking category and making Bimbo the chain's go-to resource for ideas and opportunities to grow the business.
For example ...
The chain believes that it must make better use of its data while accelerating its digital efforts to meet changing consumer expectations for ease, speed and personalization. Grocery customers like to engage brands (like Arnold) in multiple ways, so improving the quality of digital experiences and making the chain's online technology work seamlessly with stores is vital to winning and keeping customers.
The $64 Question: How can you help this chain in ways that improve efficiency while driving loyalty and revenue growth for Bimbo?
Here's another one: The chain has added an online ordering service that enables customers to shop online and pick up at the store from the convenience of a car. The chain's associates will even bring out the order and load it into the car. How can Bimbo be a part of that??
If you think brick and mortar is dying, then why the heck did Amazon buy Whole Foods? Fact is, there's a ton of great stuff happening in the grocery industry -- and this chain in particular is making billion dollar bets on things like IoT sensors, video analytics, machine learning networks, robotics and artificial intelligence. How will all that impact Bimbo Bakeries? You tell us!
You won't believe how much we know about this search ...
I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include ...
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one's no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting ... then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.View Harry Joiner's profile
- Proven record of consumer marketing success, building brands, building market share, winning in the market through superior strategy, planning and execution.
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
- Proven ability to assume responsibility for ecommerce strategy and implementation
- Deep experience in digital marketing, advertising, search, CRM, etc.
- Experience managing brands supported by IMC/digital media
- Experience with digital fundamentals: developing an integrated communications strategy, websites, search, digital media, CRM/ database marketing, social media, mobile marketing, measurement & optimization
- Understanding of media fundamentals and how to evaluate communication plans
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Experience working with agencies
Qualities you should have:
- TEAM PLAYER
- 5+ years of Account Management experience
- 3+ years of experience working in an eCommerce environment
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Previous experience in a start-up environment is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- MBA or Master’s Degree is preferred. We need someone who knows how businesses work.
- High Energy!! (Bimbo provides coffee to help!)
- Go-Getter for Results
- Intellectual curiosity
Applications for this digital marketing job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.