METRO RALEIGH, NC - With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular "Ecommerce Job of the Day" email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest digital marketing jobs around!
HARRY'S COMMENTS: We are working with Bob Barker Company in its search for an Ecommerce and Digital Marketing Director based in scenic Fuquay-Varina, NC, just down the road from Raleigh -- and 35 minutes down the road from Durham.
Ever been to Raleigh? It's awesome ...
You could live in worse places, I assure you.
Now then: Bob Barker (no, not the game show host) is America’s leading detention supplier, delivering service beyond expectations for over 40 years. The firm's mission is to transform and serve the criminal justice system by focusing on the values of Integrity, Service, Excellence, Innovation and Unity.
The folks are the real deal.
Throughout the United States, Bob Barker Company ("BBC") distributes detention supplies such as bedding, clothing, footwear, detergents, personal care items, games, recreation products, and security and medical supplies. It also provides products for criminal justice professionals.
Through its field sales force, a call center operation, and its ecommerce site, BBC sells primarily to federal, state, and local government agencies. The firm operates two distribution centers: One in Fuquay-Varina and one in Ogden, Utah.
Sadly, the prison / detention market is huge.
Believe it or not, 70 million Americans have a criminal record. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, in 2015 there were 10.9 million admissions to jails. State and federal prisons held 1,476,800 persons sentenced to more than 1 year.
I'd go nuts. I don't know how anyone survives that, mentally.
But here's the thing: The most merciful thing anyone can do for these people is supply them with what they need to sanctify themselves through the experience while getting them ready for life on the outside. Bob Barker does both.
Occasionally during a project kickoff call, I'll ask a client "If your company were a non-profit, what would be its cause?" Often that question is met with a pregnant pause, like "You're kidding, right?"
Well, consider this: Nearly HALF of the people released from jail in 2018 will be behind bars again by 2021.
BBC actually has a charitable Foundation designed to reduce recidivism by seeing the lives of incarcerated individuals changed forever serving God, family and community. Its mission is to develop and support programs that help incarcerated individuals successfully reenter society and stay out for life.
Since 2009, the Bob Barker Company Foundation has awarded more than $1 million to 36 community-based projects. With a goal to partner with more organizations that are working to reduce recidivism, BBC has created a $5 million endowment from its net profits.
The company literally is the mission.
But know this: The bedrock of all tings BBC is an unabashedly Christ-centered emphasis on being socially responsible which can be seen through programs offered in the workplace, community, environment and industry. BBC is a very unique place in which everyone strives to do what is socially, morally and spiritually responsible. If you like bringing God to work everyday -- then this is your gig.
About the Role
BBC seeks an experienced Digital Marketing Director to take the lead in developing successful, long-term B2B digital marketing strategies for BobBarker.com.
In this role, you'll be charged with doubling the revenue, gross profit, and contribution margin of BBC's ecommerce platform in four years while leading the transformation of BBC (Bob Barker Company) from a catalog and distribution company to an ecommerce market leader.
To win in this role, you'll need in-depth marketing experience and a passion for advanced digital marketing technologies. You'll be responsible for the long-term success of the digital presence for the company so you must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of how your day to day activities impact the big picture goals of the business.
You'll be responsible for coaching, motivating, delegating tasks, and monitoring the performance of your colleagues -- so you'll need to be organized, resourceful, creative, and have strong interpersonal skills. You will also work closely with different internal cross-functional teams to ensure brand consistency through all company collateral.
This is a fantastic NINE-figure business (EIGHT-figures in ecommerce) run by a likable, trustworthy, extremely competent team. These folks are extremely transparent and it’s highly unlikely that you'll find a higher quality work / life balance anywhere.
You won't believe how much we know about this search ...
My team spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include ...
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one's no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting ... then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.View Harry Joiner's profile
- Build the company digital marketing roadmap and manage the continuing evolution from print to digital.
- Manage all inbound digital marketing channels including organic search, paid search, social media, email, etc.
- Manage creation of content strategy on all digital marketing channels (e.g. website, blogs, emails and social media) and ensure brand consistency.
- Grow company marketplace strategy and presence.
- Grow revenues and profits by 20% each year from 2018 through 2021.
- Develop specific campaigns to create and maintain high levels of customer interaction.
- Forecast sales performance trends and act proactively to increase our market segment.
- Manage media budget, measure ROI, optimize, and report on performance.
- Liaise with Product, Design and Sales directors to increase client satisfaction through cohesive strategies.
- Motivate digital marketing team to achieve goals.
- Monitor competition and provide ideas to stand out.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology developments.
- Proven work experience as a Digital marketing manager or director.
- Demonstrable experience transforming a catalog or traditional marketing organization into a significant digital/eCommerce organization.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful digital marketing campaigns (B2B preferred).
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function (SEO, SEM, email, social, etc.).
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels, A/B testing.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Omniture, IBM Analytics).
- Hands on experience with at least one Marketing Automation cloud-based solution.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Strong team management and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement BS / MS degree in Marketing, Digital technologies or relevant field.
Applications for this digital marketing job are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.