GRAND RAPIDS, MI - With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular "Ecommerce Job of the Day" email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
One of the coolest Digital Marketing Manager jobs around!
HARRY'S COMMENTS: Wolverine Worldwide is one of the largest, most successful companies you’ve never heard of. Wolverine Worldwide is a 130+ year-old manufacturer of footwear that is now the 3rd largest footwear company in the world, only behind Adidas and Nike.
Certainly, you have heard of Wolverine Worldwide’s brands, including Merrell, Saucony, Sperry Top-Sider, Keds, Hush Puppies, Chaco, Sebago, Wolverine, and more. The firm also manufactures shoes under license from Caterpillar, Patagonia, and Harley-Davidson.
Since 2004, Wolverine Worldwide has grown at 7% annually, year in / year out. That includes the great recession, which proves that the firm’s brand model – while complicated – can deliver in any economic environment. On the road to $3 billion in sales, Wolverine Worldwide has identified a number of “white spaces” where it can grow.
For example, only 30% of Wolverine Worldwide’s pairs are sold to women – yet women buy a lot more footwear than men. Given Wolverine Worldwide’s ability to execute bolt-on acquisitions of lifestyle brands, the company seeks to adjust its customer and marketing mix, both at home and abroad.
Wolverine Worldwide has 16 brands operating in three different groups:
- Apparel and Accessories, and
- Consumer Direct.
Wolverine Worldwide leverages more than 1,000 years of brand equity across 11,000 dedicated points of sale around the world. Digital plays a critical role in the realization of that vision.
About the job
Chaco is an iconic outdoor brand with market leadership in performance sandals, a high growth business in closed-toe performance and lifestyle footwear, and a dynamic accessories offering. The brand has achieved several consecutive years of industry-leading growth by creating remarkable connections with a tribe of loyal consumers known as ChacoNation.
The Digital Marketing Manager owns the digital marketing function and is responsible for developing and executing an integrated program that will create amazing online consumer experiences, while accelerating overall Chaco sales. In this role, you'll be a key driver of the DTC and wholesale business, responsible for managing channels such as the social media community, brand content strategy and development, and digital influencer and media planning.
This is an EXTREMELY high profile job.
As usual, I spent a ton of time on the phone with this client teasing out exactly what you’ll need to KNOW and DO to hit the ground running in this role. Some of the things I can share with highly qualified candidates include ...
- The “real” background requirements for this position, along with the top five things all resumes MUST have to be considered for the role.
- The top five problems that exist due to this position being open. These are the little brush fires you will be expected to put out during your first month on the job. Every job has these — and this one's no different.
- What your average day / week will look like in this role. There’s what you read in the standard job posting ... then there’s reality. We’ve got the reality.
- The leading and lagging KPI’s that will determine your success in this role. In a nutshell: How you keep score.
- The major projects you’ll need to complete by Day 100 to be considered a home-run in this position. We’ve got the lowdown on how you can plug-and-play and drive REAL value in this job.
To be clear: We have a massive amount of proprietary intel to share with qualified candidates. Our industry research for this assignment exceeds 100 pages! Be sure to TEXT Harry Joiner at (404) 281-2025 for this info. Or simply use the email link when you apply for the role below.View Harry Joiner's profile
- Develop the digital marketing plan and marketing tactics by leveraging financial information, research and consumer insights & marketplace intelligence to form an integrated digital marketing strategy.
- Lead DTC marketing effort and own the overall online digital customer experience (web, email, social, influencer, etc.) and partner with brand marketing and ecomm teams to deliver best in class digital brand encounters.
- Set, manage and track all marketing efforts in the digital channel in order to maximize return on investment, ensuring established brand, sales, expense and profitability goals are reached.
- Work with internal and external resources to create and drive the brand’s content strategy and editorial plan, accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, and engagement.
- Act as social media community manager and oversee social media account design, follower communication, and content publication.
- Work with Marketing stakeholders to ensure plans are integrated, meeting overall brand, territory, and commercial objectives.
- Budget responsibility for all digital marketing programs (unbranded SEM / display / social / emerging programs, etc.).
- Manage agency & vendor relationships by establishing objectives, developing statements of work, reviewing creative briefs, leading cross-functional teams and holding partners accountable for achieving agreed-upon deliverables.
- Develop, deploy, manage, and analyze social marketing programs and technologies in conjunction with the Marketing Team and as part of the overall digital marketing mix to create innovative and creative campaigns in support of product, brand, and marketing initiative.
- Use internal and external resources to benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in the digital space. Apprise team of digital marketing trends.
- Serve as a digital marketing resource to all channels and functions. Lead cross-functional digital marketing team meetings. Evaluate vendors, assess opportunities and develop recommendations including return on investment.
- Manage, motivate, and develop employees within team, creating an environment of high performance where individuals take initiative and push themselves.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
- 5+ years developing integrated digital plans, preferably in CPG or retail
- 2+ years in management experience
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with various digital marketing technologies, platforms, and practices to deliver an exceptional online consumer experience desired
- Proven ability to make solid recommendations in ambiguous situations that achieve business objectives. Strong track record of leveraging data driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize marketing programs. Must have familiarity with web analytics tools
- Must be results oriented – with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership – in a fast-paced, fluid and lower resourced environment
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines. Excellent project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills - a proven track record of leadership across functional lines that delivers business results
- Must have strong consumer understanding skills, ability to translate customer insights into successful marketing programs and a high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to reach and communicate to consumers
- Strong experience in consumer marketing, product marketing, and/or trade marketing, ideally in a consumer products environment. Preference shown to candidates with a combined classical consumer or customer marketing background and connection-driven or social media background.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.